Friday, September 21, 2012

Lyon, Escargot and Chablis

Sometimes even the most ordinary wine can strike you at the just right moment and in the right way that it creates such an experience as if it were another beast.  Tuesday was all about the magic of Lyon and escaping the gloomy calmness of an uneccentric city. Arriving in Lyon, I took a direct route to the large food market known as Halles de Lyon.  Seeing many locals enjoying small dishes of escargot I had to follow suit and I sat down at Ecailler Cellerier.  Not expecting anything great on the wine list I spotted a 2010 Chablis from Louis Jadot and went with it.  Not that it was an extraordinary wine by any means but I have to say it was absolutely delicious with the food in that very moment.


La Fontaine Bartholdi, Place de Terreaux, Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment