Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fashionably late struffoli

Although Christmas and New Years has passed I realize this morning that I had gone through the holidays without even a glimpse of struffoli the classic christmas dessert popular in naples. After I botched the dough yesterday, I had to remake them this morning.

 I used about 2 cups of flour, 3 eggs, touch of butter, drizzle of rum, la scorza di mezzo limone, e un po di zucchero. This time put in a touch of baking powder because yesterdays batch didnt puff up...I let the dough sit a half an hour and then fried them in canola oil instead of olive oil.  After they are finished all you have to do is melt and stir some quality honey into them.

They came out blazing today and enjoyed them for breakfast. Here are some shots....



No comments:

Post a Comment