Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Catarratto nights end


Ended a night at the 'ol Maialino with a swig of the above 2008 Porta Del Vento Saharay (photo: vinosseur.com) which is on the Sicilian wine by the glass program.  The most cider-like out of the Italian skin contact white wines I have tasted (Rusticum, Angiolino Maule etc) some surprising tannins as well.  What a terrific autumnal beverage right here, by itself or with most fall style dishes.  It is made from the Catarratto grape which is planted mainly in Sicily.

As I shlug down a last refreshing sip of Moretti before turning the lights off here in my Brooklyn Cabin, I have King Kong eyeing me from a short distance...  The below painting is from Walton Fords exhibit which opens tomorrow at the Paul Kasmin Gallery.  Walton lives in the Berkshires where I was coming from a about week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment