Wednesday, August 31, 2011

2004 Pico, e cena con mia zia calabrese di 92 anni!


My Aunt Ceil made an appearance this week in The Berkshires, coming from Florida for the wedding of my brother.  We dined with family at The Church St. Cafe in Lenox, my friend Stefan's place.  What a night, enjoying Quail and '09 Langhe Nebbiolo from Produttori del Barbaresco with my 92 year old aunt.
Salute!

Earlier on...


After my first and very memorable experience of 2009 Angiolino Maule Pico with the COF 2011 crew, I found a 2004 vintage in The Wine Bottega in the north end of Boston two weeks ago.  I was slightly skeptical at first wondering how this Garganega would hold up after 7 years, but by the beard of Zeus this bitch was shining like a rock star.  Orange peel, grapefruit, hibiscus, bangin' acidity and a touch of tannin, best at room temperature.
Not a bad way to spend $20....



No comments:

Post a Comment